IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps
The end is near for metal halide, pressurized sodium and high powered fluorescent lamps. These energy guzzling and excessive heat-generating lamp sources have long been the mainstay yet bugbear of users who require light to cover long throw distances and be extremely bright.
IEQ Global offers the IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps range for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Using induction lighting technology, this relatively new lamp type delivers a phosphorous glow without the usual electrodes, eliminating the filament— the highest single point of failure of conventional lamps.
The energy consumption of IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps is kept to a minimum, resulting in over 50 percent energy savings. There is negligible heat, glare, electromagnetic or THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) emission and they contain no mercury vapour. Used to directly replace conventional, incandescent and technologically dated lighting technology, IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps ARE the World’s Most Energy Efficient Lights.
About IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps deliver unmatched operating hours, providing minimal degradation up 50,000 hours, over conventional Lamps that last 10,000 hours. IEQ IntelliNRG™ induction lamps may continue to operate up to 100,000 hours. Comparatively, Induction lamps generate more lumens per watt with less energy consumption, produce less excessive heat and glare which improves thermal comfort, saves air conditioning costs and maximizes eye protection. Not only do Induction Lamps contain relatively lower amounts of chemicals, they also have a significantly lower failure rate.
Conventional incandescent or fluorescent lamps suffer from rapid lumen depreciation and colour shift, but Induction lamps maintain 95 percent of lumen output at 9,000 burning hours and never change colours. Typically, a 200W Induction Lamp can produce the same brightness as a 500W Metal Halide, achieving 60 percent energy savings.
The price of IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps is very competitive, approximately 50% the price of LED equivalent lamps. IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction lamps require reduced replacement or re-lamping cycles thereby minimizing maintenance cost by over 30 percent.
Like high quality LED lamps, IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps offer instant re-strike, colour stability, 80+ CRI, high power factor and last 50,000 hours based on acceptable lux. But unlike LED, IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps are not only a fraction of the cost, they also offer a wider throw and have a more evenly distributed polar curve light distribution.
Induction Lamps generate minimal toxicity both in manufacturing and material components. In this Green era, IEQ Global provides a broad spectrum of energy-saving lamp solutions that will address the Green Agenda.
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamp Features and Benefits
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction lamps provide one of the most energy efficient technologies commercially available. The lamps provide high energy savings, long lifespans, high colour rendering indices and does not contain mercury vapour!
Coupled with high-frequency low THD electronic ballasts, IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps are perfect for industrial and commercial applications as advanced alternatives to metal halide or pressured sodium lamps.
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction lamps are fast gaining popularity because, unlike other bleeding edge technologies, the benefits are all available at a very low investment cost. This translates to an unrivalled ROI.
Using our extensive regional experience in lighting design and consultancy, IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps are designed and customized for our clients’ applications. Manufactured with the highest quality components such as bulbs, ballasts or drivers, and heat dissipation design, IEQ IntellNRG™ Induction Lamps surpass market equivalents in performance, price and environmental sustainability.
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps have been tested to the highest Singapore, Malaysia and International standards for safety, reliability and performance and certifications may be provided to clients upon request
Key advantages of IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps
- Induction Lamps have no filaments (Induction Lamps dispense with the electrode filament – the highest single point of failure)
- No mercury vapour (Induction Lamps do not pollute the environment with mercury vapour at the point of manufacturing or destruction)
- Induction Lamps enable the reduction of energy usage by over 55% (Induction Lamps are able to halve energy consumption and associated costs)
- Induction Lamps have very long lifespans of up to 100,000 hours (Induction Lamps do not need frequent replacement. This reduces re-lamping costs and ensure that illuminated areas are lit for the longest possible time)
- Induction Lamps experience low lumen degradation rate (Induction Lamps stay brighter for longer periods of time, providing optimal illumination for the long lifespan of the Lamp)
- Induction Lamps produce high lumen efficacy (Induction Lamps provide optimal brightness for the amount of energy consumed)
- Induction Lamps generate a very high power factor (Induction Lamps use the amount of electricity that they are supposed to, with no hidden costs for ballasts and other factors that may increase reactive charges)
- Induction Lamps produce a high colour rendering index (Induction Lamps are excellent for safety and visual accuracy as they ensure that the human eye sees the correct colour for any illuminated object or area)
- Induction Lamps are flicker free, provide high pupil lumens, and no glare (Induction Lamps are gentle to human eyes as the do not generate any glare that will cause long term eye damage, short term temporary blindness or mid term eye strain)
- Induction Lamps require low maintenance cost (Induction Lamps do not require any maintenance after installation, if the appropriate lamp for a compatible application is installed correctly)
- Induction Lamps offer the full range color temperature (Induction Lamps have a near-full spectrum of white colour temperatures, from warm white to cool white to daylight)
- Induction Lamps enable a full range of brightness (Induction Lamps provide the optimal amount of brightness regardless of wattage, from 80W to 400W)
- Induction Lamps have instant re-strike (Induction Lamps are able to instantly re-strike, which means that if switched off, they are able to light up to optimal brightness immediately or within a few seconds. This instant relighting feature is important for human safety in the case of power cut or unstable electricity supply)
- Induction Lamps generate very low heat (Induction Lamps generate very low amounts of heat with a maximum of 70 degrees Celsius, as compared to Metal Halide’s that typically reach 300 degrees Celsius)
- Induction Lamps generate negligible UV emission (Induction Lamps do not generate ultra-violet rays which may affect paintings, paintwork and attract insects)
- Environmentally sustainable (induction Lamps are energy efficient, non-polluting, generate minimal levels of heat. Aside from saving the environment, Induction Lamps also save air conditioning costs)
Any of the above benefits or features of Induction Lights is not possible with Metal Halide or Pressured Sodium lights.
Applications of IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps
Induction lamps are a direct replacement of existing incandescent lamps (e.g. metal halide and pressured sodium). No special wiring/reworking of the electrical system is needed. It’s a direct replacement of existing lights.
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps come in a range of fittings including high-bay, ceiling, flood, explosion proof, street/tunnel and wall fittings.
Our clients can make the switch to the latest in Induction lighting technology without having to pay high investment costs and as a result, can immediately enjoy energy savings through the reduction in energy consumption by over 50 percent with better lighting performance and the virtual elimination of re-lamping costs due to the longevity of IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps.
Depending on requirements, IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps may be used as direct replacement lighting for:
- Induction High Bay Lights
- Induction Low Bay Lights
- Induction Floodlights
- Induction Street Lights
- Induction Car Park Lights
- Induction Perimeter Lights
- Induction Security Lights
- Induction Wall Lights
- Induction Ceiling Lights
- Induction General Area Lights
- Induction Indoor Lights
- Induction Outdoor Lights
- Induction Specialty Application Lights
Every induction light functions differently. Depending on the induction lighting applications required by our clients, every induction lamp component is carefully pre-selected to suit its purpose. Induction lighting applications vary from the most basic generic lighting to very specific uses with strict specifications.
Induction Lamp Luminaires / Fittings
IEQ Global provides customized Induction Lamp solutions for our clients.
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamp Solutions are tailor made to suite the purpose of the intended application of Induction Lamps. This is often subject to required lighting performance as measured in lux level coverage over a specified area.
As specialists in providing Induction Lamp Solutions, we offer our clients an extensive choice of luminaires to meet their lighting requirements, taking into consideration ambient conditions such as dust, moisture and heat, among other factors.
Our Induction Lamps comprise Induction Bulbs that are manufactured to fit into and perform optimally with our custom design Induction Lamp luminaires. The size, shape and material constituency of our Induction Lamp luminaires is determined by our clients’ requirements.
The end result must be such that all financial and environmental objectives of our clients are achieved by IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps.
IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps – A Green Alternative to LED
In the past century, Induction Lamps have evolved into very stable and excellent alternatives for incandescent lamps such as metal halide, pressurized sodium and fluorescent – and provide more benefits compared with LED lamps:
- Induction Lamps offer the same benefits as LED lamps for under half the price- IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps provide similar or higher energy efficiency, generate minimal heat and are as environmentally friendly but the mature technology keeps cost of production relatively low.
- Induction Lamps require fewer lamps for a specific area- IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps produce wider light distribution (polar curve) and result in fewer lamps needed than LED to illuminate the same area or better lux levels using the same number of lamps.
- Induction Lamps have long lifespans of up to 100,000 hours- LEDs have a lifespan not exceeding 50,000 hours before they are unable to provide basic illumination. IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction lamps provide excellent illumination to 50,000 hours and acceptable illumination to 100,000 hours.
- Induction Lamps are based on very mature technology- LED commercial lighting is a recent phenomenon, with few international or local standards to certify performance and safety. IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction technology is mature, stable, and has been around for a century.
- Induction Lamps provide one of the lowest total cost of ownership- Over a 1 to 5 year period, the TCO for IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps is far lower than for LED or conventional incandescent equivalents.
Lamp Technology Selection
We have consulted with our clients on the type of lamp technology to select. Some feel that LED lighting solutions are better, while others prefer Induction lighting technology. In truth, the type of lighting technology to select really depends on its specific applications and lighting design, as well as the required lamp performance and lighting budgets. The only overriding consideration is that the type of lighting technology selected must be energy efficient and environmentally sustainable, throughout the entire life-cycle of a lamp for IEQ Global to advocate its use.
|IEQ IntelliNRG™ Electrodeless
|Metal Halide||High Pressure
|100,000 Hours||12,000 Hours||18,000 Hours||16,000 Hours|
50% of conventional lighting
Rendering Index (CRI)
|>80: Clearest vision. Safest accurate colour rendering||45-65||30-45: Very low.
|Full Range||3500/4500/5500K||2200K||Full range|
|Restart/Re-strike||Instant. No warm up required||Needs up to
|Needs up to 5-10
|85 lm/W||65 lm/W||65 lm/W||70 lm/W|
for lamps below 100W,
130 Plm/W for lamps above 100W
|70 Plm/W||70 Plm/W||90 Plm/W|
20% (@2,000 hrs)
Reduces ACMV costs
Increases ACMV costs
|High (>300° C)
Increases ACMV costs
|Mid (<90° C)|
|Dimmable||Yes. Saves energy||No||No||Yes, but no
Low lamp wastage
More lamp wastage
More lamp wastage
More lamp wastage
There are very few reputable manufacturers of Induction Lights today. Depending on the manufacturing process, as well as the quality of materials and components used, Induction Lamps vary in quality, performance and durability. Many manufacturers may make bold claims about their Induction Lamps. When in doubt, seek clarifications from manufacturers and ask to see authentic testing certification papers for Induction Lamps. IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps are manufactured under strict quality control guidelines and use only the best materials or components available in the market today. IEQ IntelliNRG™ Induction Lamps come with the required test certifications.
Induction Lamp Installation Methodology
- Conduct a thorough inspection of the area to be illuminated by an Induction Lamp.
- Perform a detailed on-site assessment of the required performance of the Induction Lamp based on the functional requirement of the area.
- Determine the conditions on-site and power consumption, as well as power availability.
- If it is a pre-existing structure that needs to have existing installed lamps replaced by Induction Lamps, note the performance and suitability of the existing lamps.
- If it is a new-build structure, factor in the intended function/s of the area.
- Inspect cabling, gears and configuration to replace if required, in order for Induction Lamps to be installed.
- Engage a qualified lighting or electrical contractor with experience in installing Induction Lamps, with the appropriate safety qualifications.
- Proceed to install Induction Lamps.
- Conduct a post installation inspection and analysis of the illuminated area and monitor the performance of the Induction Lamps for performance and power consumption.
- Record energy savings from the use of Induction Lamps
IEQ Global is a premier Green Solutions provider. IEQ designs, manufactures, and supplies energy efficient lamps based on stringent global and local standards, including the highest international TUV and IEC standards by TUV SUD PSB in Singapore. IEQ IntelliNRG™ Lamps incorporate a wide array of light sources and technologies, such as LED, Induction, and Plasma. Energy efficient and proven to offer lower operational costs in comparison to conventional lighting technologies, IEQ IntelliNRG™ lamps surpasses market equivalents in performance, price, and environmental friendliness. With operational hubs and partners worldwide, including Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Micronesia, Singapore, and the USA, we have a portfolio of satisfied IEQ clients from the commercial, industrial, and governmental sectors. To find out more about IEQ Global and our lighting solutions, please contact your local office. A?complete list of IEQ Global offices can be found here.